If you are a certified teacher or enrolled in an alternative certification program and are in search of a position at a district or charter school, take steps to prepare for finding your first teaching job. This checklist will ensure that you’re prepared for a successful interview.
Before the Interview
- Update your resume and letter of introduction. Be sure to have multiple copies printed in a folder.
- Gather a pen and paper for notes.
- Prepare questions to ask employers during the interview.
- Prepare a professional, neatly ironed outfit.
- Be aware of the location and distance from your residence.
Day of the Interview
- Wake up early and eat a nutritious breakfast.
- Boost your confidence by practicing how you will introduce yourself to others.
- Gather your resume, letter of introduction, and other supplies.
- Arrive early.
- Get the business cards of those you meet.
After the Interview
- Connect with your new contacts via e-mail and on a professional social media network.
- Follow up with the employers.
Check the INSPIRE TEXAS
website for more information about becoming a teacher.